Symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can often be misdiagnosed. Sometimes, doctors tell their patients that the problem is entirely in their head. At Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers, our highly trained physicians are specialized and have the diagnostic tools to give you a thorough and accurate diagnosis.
Successful treatment only starts with a comprehensive diagnosis
While Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue symptoms are different in everyone, there are 4-5 causes common to the vast majority of patients. Our protocols address these causes, and help improve the quality of your life. We are committed to finding out what is causing your symptoms. Our diagnosis process is more in-depth than any process you’ve probably gone through before. Our appointments are longer than you may be accustomed to. Spending up to an hour with a doctor isn’t unusual. To arrive at a diagnosis, we:
- Perform 20 to 30 (or more) specialized blood tests that allow us to look at the big picture
- Test many of the hormones in your system – from sleep hormones such as melatonin to female hormones such as estrogen and progesterone
- Look at other hormone levels, including human growth hormone and testosterone (both women and men need adequate testosterone levels)
- Evaluate thyroid, adrenal and pituitary function
- Perform tests to look for possible viral, bacterial, and fungal infections that may be affecting your immune system
Our doctors take the time to understand your unique case; and our holistic view allows us to take a more integrated, comprehensive approach to your treatment.